We are looking for an experienced Accessories Designer to join our growing Design department, reporting directly into our Head of Design. You will be an expert in creating trend setting handbags and accessories. As a true creative, you are a socially engaged fashion designer, with a passion to create innovative designs for the Skinnydip customer.
- Research into the creative brief, independently and/or with a team and to be able to identify the clear trends for each season in your product area.
- Strong technical knowledge.
- Have a good awareness of trends and new concepts and to be able to react to these with speed.
- Have good relationships with far east suppliers and to be aware of their capabilities.
- Innovate with new product concepts, print trends and fabrications.
- To be able to design into a range plan, with clear trends/ colour pallets/ concepts.
- Ability to prioritise, manage multiple deadline and cope with heavy workloads
- and strict deadlines.
- Possess strong awareness of Skinnydip aesthetic, brand history and seasonal direction.
- Confident, clear and enthusiastic when presenting ranges to management in sign off meetings.
- Cohesive knowledge of all processes involved in product development from design to store.
- To be a problem solver. Find issues immediately and sorting the problems out yourself.
- Responsible for managing your samples and monitoring critical path at all times.
- Flexible to travel when required.
- Provide general assistance with ad-hoc tasks.
What we need from you?
- 2 years + experience in Fashion Accessories Design.
- Proficient Computer skills including Microsoft office and CAD: Photoshop, Adobe and Illustrator.
- Highly organised and motivated.
- Good time management skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and work to multiple deadlines.
- Good understanding of the Skinnydip Brand and Customer.
- Motivated to develop innovative and new product.
- Previous experience is essential, a degree in fashion/textiles/graphics/accessories is needed.
- Advanced hand drawn skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge and interest in emerging trends.
How to apply?
Please email your CV and Portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org