london / full-time / head office #meta_split#
We have an exciting opportunity to join Skinnydip as an Assistant Buyer within our Buying team.
You will work with the Head of Design, Design team and brands directly to develop and buy the Skinnydip own accessories/ Tech and branded products. You will also be involved in the buying of new innovative brands for the website so a strong trend awareness is essential ,you could have the opportunity to buy your own area. We need a flexible driven individual who is both organised and trend driven who has commercial awareness and will support the buying team in driving the Skinnydip brand forward .
- Buying & Maintaining the branded business
- Looking at brand sales on a Monday & advising the team on what needs to be repeated and actioning this
- Working with existing brands to deliver exciting new trend product that will drive new sales
- Look for new on trend brands that will compliment our current offering
- Having a clear understanding of the Skinnydip customer and what brands she’s buying into/ forecasting what she will want to be buying into
- Introducing at least 3/4 new nig brands, examples of current big brands that work for us : motel/ insta & Fuji film
- Book meeting/ appointments in with the brands, negotiated cost prices, margins, PO raising & following through on all communication
- Making sure we have on bran photography/ imagery for online or arranging samples for the web team to create this
- Assist design in all follow through of development once design packs. Have been sent out to the factories on accessories & tec
- Negotiate cost priced with factories
- Control buy plans, keep info up to date
- Source new suppliers/ factories/ product opportunities within these areas
- Control the critical path and ensure product is signed off on time and deliverers are on time with the production team
- Liase with the web team to make sure all correct samples are available for shoots/ external buyer meetings
What we need from you:
- A BA degree in buying/merch/ fashion/ is needed.
- An experience trainee or assistant buyer with at least 2 years within a buying office
- Have a hands on flexible attitude
- Results focused
- Goal driven
- Brand buying would be an advantage but not a necessity
- Organised- you will have a great attention to detail when managing critical paths & orders, whilst working closely with merchandising and the shipping team. You will be responsible for sample/ range management and work closely with QA to ensure quality requirements and fits are adhered to.
- Experience working to China critical paths
- Experience working with developing product with multiple departments
- The ability to develop and drive improvement of process, craft & quality
- Strong communication, organization and time management skills
- To be up to date with all recent social, fashion trends and emerging trends
- Comfortable working with office programs ( Microsoft Excel, Word, etc).
If are quick to learn and confident in dealing with suppliers have strong negotiation skills this role could be for you!
How to apply:
Please email your CV to: email@example.com