london / full-time / head office #meta_split#
Working with an experienced management team this role will suit an individual who is highly motivated, passionate, ambitious and wishes to develop a career in International logistics while working for a financially strong and stable company.
Working as part of the Logistics team the successful candidate will conduct the following role.
- Extensive communication both verbally and in writing with our Head Office teams that cover Wholesale (UK and Global), Retail and Web.
- Extensive communication both verbally and in writing with our 3PL Service providers for UK Warehousing and International Freight Forwarding
- Reconcile daily receipts from the 3PL warehouse against supplier packing list
- Plan and co-ordinate cross dock activity for inbound goods
- Liaise on a daily basis with our 3PL Warehouse provider regarding progress of customer orders, inbound deliveries and stock levels ensuring that SLA’s are being met.
- Working to deadlines and being able to plan ahead the collections and deliveries of Groupage, Part and Full Load consignments utilising Road, Sea and Air modes of transport on a global basis
- Communicating proactively with our 3PL Service providers to ensure the work is being carried out in the most effective way.
- Maximising the profitability of each consignment by negotiating effectively with our freight forwarders and obtaining quotes for freight
- Operate the in-house software system (Netsuite) and develop a working knowledge of the 3PL Warehousing Service provider’s WMS
- Operate customers IT Portals for booking collections and deliveries
- Responsible for all Logistic Services contracts
- Become in-house ‘expert’ on Tariff Codes and changes in legislation that affect logistics
- Stock data integrity at 3PL warehouse
- Product set-up validation on our ERP system
- Develop an understanding of HMRC systems related to the Import and Export of goods
- A minimum of 3 years logistics experience required
- Excellent communication skills (Written & Verbal)
- A confident personality with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- A professional, positive, and helpful attitude to work colleagues, suppliers and especially customers.
- Commercial acumen with the ability to negotiate directly with suppliers and identify and maximise opportunities to increase both efficiency and profit.
- Numerate and literate, it is vital that the successful candidate is able to explain complex logistical issues concisely in both written and verbal form.
- IT literate especially Microsoft Excel
- E-Commerce fulfilment
- Knowledge of HMRC requirements on Duty and HTC
- Ambitious with a desire to succeed.
- Experience of working in a transport/logistics role on a global basis would be a considerable advantage.
- Presentable, energetic, and enthusiastic.
- Strong organisational skills with an excellent memory.
How to apply:
Please email your CV to: email@example.com