london / full-time / head office #meta_split#
This role is to join our expanding design team to help with the development of our products.
- Heading up the trend and direction for clothing and presenting this to management and the directors
- Working and leading cad ranges with the other members of the clothing team
- Presenting the cad range to senior management the directors
- Signing off & presenting the samples internally with the buyer
- Creating presentations of the ranges that will be sent to wholesale customers
- Working on exclusive wholesale designs/ colour ways
- Always be looking to identify new opportunities in clothing
- Working with our licenses and pushing the ranges to the next level
- Having a clear understandings of the market and the demographic and being able to generate exciting commercial & trend product
- Creating graphics and prints that will be used in clothing
- Specing up designs for sampling with the factories
- Having a clear understanding of what’s possible from a construction and price capabilities when designing
- Innovating and sourcing exciting new fabrications and trims
- Chasing the factories for samples and being on top of deadlines
- Developing products with suppliers in multiple territories
- Leading every aspect of the development process, from cad to the product being put into mass production
- Being able to move extremely fast on new trends
What we need from you:
- A BA degree in fashion
- Experience in designing and developing clothing for a 18-25 consumer
- 5+ years experience in the industry working for a brand or retailer
- A strong knowledge and understanding of trend/ materials and construction
- To be up to date with all recent social, fashion trends and emerging trends
- Highly organised and motivated.
- Good time management skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and work to multiple deadlines.
- Excellent knowledge and experience with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Comfortable working with office programmes ( Microsoft Excel, Word, etc).
- To be motivated and develop innovative and new graphics.
- Must have a excellent eye for detail and quality.
- Able to take direction and be self motivated.
- Must be a team player.
- To have good people and presentation skills
How to apply:
Please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org