london / full-time / head office #meta_split#
We are currently recruiting for a motivated and driven Wholesale Design Manager to oversee and manage this rapidly growing division within Skinnydip.
Responsibilities and Skills:
- Direct line manager of the Skinnydip wholesale design team that designs & develops exclusive Skinnydip product for retailers on Softlines and hardlines ( 4 people). Also managing the design team for the private/ white label side of the business ( 2 people)
- Ability to manage a current team of 6
- Extensive knowledge of product development in accessories, beauty and tech.
- Motivating the team to design and develop fun and innovative products
- Monitoring the team’s performance & progression with clear KPI’s and targets
- Overseeing and helping to priorities workloads.
- Working closely with external buyers to create exclusive product
- Experienced within product development in terms of supply chain and cost
- Working strategically with the account managers in developing new opportunities for all customers.
- Overseeing full product development life cycle responsibly sourcing products with our far east, European & UK suppliers.
- Stay ahead of trend, conducting regular comp shops
- Ability to manage multiple Critical Paths across several different product categories
- Having a clear understanding of the Skinnydip customer & leading the team/ designing to this
- Working closely with License partners and managing the development of the ranges with the team
What we need from you:
- 4+ years in product development experience working directly with factories within the fashion & accessories industry is essential
- Strong awareness of product across category trends
- A strong record in driving growth and performance
- Strong presentation and excellent communication skills
- Experience managing designers of all skill levels and growing a design team
- Experience working in a fast pace environment
- Strong organization and time management skills
- To be up to date with all recent social, fashion trends and emerging trends
- A good knowledge and experience with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Comfortable working with office programs ( Microsoft Excel, Word, etc).
How to apply:
Please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org